Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cloud Computing


The "cloud" is the newest buzzword in technology.  Actually I have been using the cloud for ten years in the form of a private cloud using Citrix and Microsoft Terminal Services. These are functions reserved for middle market to large companies.

Today however the application is public and resides in the cloud where the software company maintains the application, backups, upgrades, etc.  The client pays for the use, but never installs it locally "your computer."  The two main applications I use in my practice are Intuit Quickbooks and Taxes Online.

These applications allow me and my clients to work on their books from anywhere.  The data is always backed up securely by Intuit, and it is available from home, work, or even on an airplane. I have been dreaming of such a solution since the nineties (when I had an accounting practice with hundreds of clients and a full staff.). This chapter of my career will be a self run practice using the best of breed software and no staff.  My clients will deal directly with me and I am available by cell or text at 904-219-7777.  As long as I can get to a PC I can answer questions about your books.

You'll know where to find me.....I am in the cloud.